/ Oily & Combination Skin

Oily & Combination Skin

Ask questions and share tips regarding oily & combination skin. If you would like to receive bespoke advice, please book in a 15-minute consultation with one of our Skin Experts here.
Write something
Most recent
Filter
Zoozoospetals
Second Floor
20/11/23-21:20 (edited)
I was really happy to be offered the opportunity to test their Silymarin CF Antioxidant Serum. I am trying to find a Vitamin C product which not only works but keeps my skin balanced without irritation. With ageing, blemish prone skin, I was interested in the combination of ingredients and the fact this is an award winning antioxidant serum made me hopeful for a product which would help my skin.  The active ingredients are Vitamin C (15% L-Ascorbic Acid), Ferulic Acid (0.5%), Silymarin (0.5%) and Salicylic Acid (0.5%). The dark brown bottle keeps sunlight from the serum which maintains the efficacy of it and it has a lid which is removed and replaced with a standard dropper.  The first thing I noticed was the strange chemical smell, this does disappear very quickly. The serum is an amber colour and a thicker consistency than water but easy to dispense. 5 drops in the palm of the hand is enough to cover face and neck and is easily patted into the skin. It does leave slight stickiness but this disappears very quickly.  As my skin gets used to the new addition to the routine, I have begun to notice that blemishes are reducing and marks are becoming less noticeable. Alongside this, my pores seem reduced with the effect of my skin looking brighter and, more importantly, no adverse reaction.  As with all Vitamin C products an SPF of 50 is recommended.  All in all this is a nice lightweight serum which adds easily into my routine. Moisturiser and make up both sit well on top with no pilling. It’s a premium product but produces remarkable results quickly. 
Review Live - a Great Vitamin C Product
Sadaf
Second Floor
20/11/23-16:20
My thoughts on the Silymarin CF serum: I've been incorporating it into my morning routine for the past two weeks. It's a bit thinner than what I'm used to with serums, and the goldish yellow hue gives it an appearance reminiscent of an oil, but rest assured, it's far from greasy. While it absorbs quickly, there's an initial slight stickiness post-application. But it fades swiftly, leaving behind a matte finish that beautifully preps the skin for the next steps in my routine. The scent, while not universally appealing, doesn't bother me personally. As for effectiveness, I've seen a reduction in sebum production. My skin looks less oily and shiny. Over the past two weeks, there's been a noticeable improvement in the overall brightness of my complexion. I didn't expect miracles regarding blemishes, but it has certainly contributed to a positive change. I'm temporarily moved to a polluted city and I have a few new spots and blemishes. These seem to be healing faster than usual as well which is a big relief. Only 4-5 drops is needed for your whole face and neck, so a little goes a long way. Yes, it's on the pricey side, but the efficacy makes it worth the investment. Taking everything into account, I've been happy and impressed with this serum so far and I'm excited to continue using it.
My review is live😊
Katie Power
Second Floor
20/11/23-14:26
Brightens and reduced oil production and blemishes, love this serum so much
Floozy20
Second Floor
20/11/23-10:31
What an amazing serum. I've been using this for just over a week now I have had problems with oiliness around my nose and chin area for years I've tried many different products but this has started helping me with those problem areas already. I've noticed a visible difference to my skin in such a short period of time and I will definitely continue to use. Even my blemishes seem to be fading away. I'm looking forward to continuing to see an improvement in my skin. At the moment I have only been using once a day in the morning after cleansing. Just wow.
My Review is live. Thank you so much.
Kate
Second Floor
19/11/23-18:07
My review: Where do I start? I love everything about this serum. First of all: texture. It's light, easy to apply. Fantastic darkened bottle with a pipette helps with application. You can dose exactly as much as you need. In my case 5 drops. The recommendation is to use it every morning. Many times I apply it in the evening, when I lack of time before work in the morning. It's fabulous under your day cream and SPF. Absorbs really fast, so it makes life easier. Now ingredients - wait for it: Vitamin C, Salicylic Acid and Silymarin. Vitamin C is my favourite in everything, helps with blemishes and makes skin look brighter and younger. Thanks to Salicylic acid I can tell I have radically less blackheads and reduced oily shine. Silymarin is new to me, it helps with staying younger - perfect. I've noticed my skin is calmer and brighter. No tiredness so obvious anymore. I'm going to continue using it as I've fallen in love. My skin too. Highly recommended this serum. SkinCeuticals does not disappoint with fabulous quality product.
Silymarin CF serum
Silvia
Second Floor
19/11/23-13:32
Thank you, SkinCeuticals House of Skin Community for the opportunity to test and review the Silymarin CF Vitamin C Antioxidant Serum! As the title says, I believe that this is the best vitamin C formulation for my skin. And I tried almost everything on the market, because I was desperate to find a vit C that works for me. And, until now, all of the vit C was drying my skin so much! The Silymarin CF Vitamin C Antioxidant Serum is perfect for the simple reason that it doesnt dry my skin. I apply it in the morning, following with a hydrating moisturiser and SPF. Just 4-5 drops of serum and its working its magic! Since I started to use it, my skin is brighter and clearer and looks so healthy! I love the texture, the fact that does not contain any fragrance and the easy way it is absorbed by the skin. Do I recommend it? YES! Is it pricey? It is, but if you consider that is the best formulation of vit C, treatment-like level, with absolutely no bad side effects of other vitamin C serums, I say it worths every penny. It is an investment in the health of your skin!
The best vit C formulation!
Rachey
Second Floor
18/11/23-15:48
I really love this product and am grateful for the chance to test it! A screenshot of my review is attached!
Silymarin C F
Maria Litsi
Second Floor
17/11/23-13:14
I did receive as well the magic Skinceuticals Sylimarin serum and I am so happy with the results. My skin looks amazing ,clear and very calm.Also is hydrated and the overall texture is great.I am so much thankful to this community for choosing me to test and give the feedback on the product.