/ Review Live - a Great Vitamin C Product
Zoozoospetals
Second Floor
20/11/23-21:20 (edited)

Review Live - a Great Vitamin C Product

I was really happy to be offered the opportunity to test their Silymarin CF Antioxidant Serum. I am trying to find a Vitamin C product which not only works but keeps my skin balanced without irritation. With ageing, blemish prone skin, I was interested in the combination of ingredients and the fact this is an award winning antioxidant serum made me hopeful for a product which would help my skin.  The active ingredients are Vitamin C (15% L-Ascorbic Acid), Ferulic Acid (0.5%), Silymarin (0.5%) and Salicylic Acid (0.5%). The dark brown bottle keeps sunlight from the serum which maintains the efficacy of it and it has a lid which is removed and replaced with a standard dropper.  The first thing I noticed was the strange chemical smell, this does disappear very quickly. The serum is an amber colour and a thicker consistency than water but easy to dispense. 5 drops in the palm of the hand is enough to cover face and neck and is easily patted into the skin. It does leave slight stickiness but this disappears very quickly.  As my skin gets used to the new addition to the routine, I have begun to notice that blemishes are reducing and marks are becoming less noticeable. Alongside this, my pores seem reduced with the effect of my skin looking brighter and, more importantly, no adverse reaction.  As with all Vitamin C products an SPF of 50 is recommended.  All in all this is a nice lightweight serum which adds easily into my routine. Moisturiser and make up both sit well on top with no pilling. Itโ€™s a premium product but produces remarkable results quickly. 
Review Live - a Great Vitamin C Product