Home / Uneven Skin Tone & Hyperpigmentation

Uneven Skin Tone & Hyperpigmentation

Ask question or share tips regarding uneven skin tone & hyperpigmentation. If you would like to receive bespoke advice, please book in a 15-minute consultation with one of our Skin Experts here.
Write something
Most recent
Filter
Lisa Marie
Second Floor
05/19/24-21:21 (edited)
Iโ€™ve just used my glycolic cleanser & applied my glycolic 10 renew overnight this evening. Itโ€™s great for giving the skin a really deep cleanse, promoting skin clarity & brightness. The glycolic acid gently exfoliates and in the morning my skin feels so bright & soft. I like to use these products within my routine for an extra boost to my glow. (In the morning I will use my simply cleanse, cell cycle catalyst, ce Ferulic & hydrating b5 & spf)
Overnight glow
Carlton
Second Floor
05/18/24-10:27
I have been using Vitamin C serums and hyaluronic acid and my pigmentation seems to be fading I always wear my SPF50 everyday does hyaluronic acid help or is it just the Vitamin C please any help is appreciated thank you
Shifa Kan
Second Floor
05/15/24-20:00
Any I this only one who are a different skin tone around my mouth?
area around mouth
Lisa Marie
Second Floor
04/20/24-10:36
So Iโ€™ve decided to try this little treat of late. I find it has a nice texture.( Similar to the overall feel of Phloretin CF) it targets any discolouration which Iโ€™m always a fan of. Giving your skin a brighter feel, it leaves my skin very soft and absorbs perfectly. I will keep you all updated on the progress. 
Discolouration
Jem โœจ
First Floor
04/18/24-12:34
Hi everyone Iโ€™m new to this platform! I love all things skin care , beauty and self care! I test products regularly and am always on the look out for the best products for my skin and others! I have really good skin some days then bad skin the next ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have hyperpigmentation / un even skin tone problems. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated โœจ๐Ÿ’— Iโ€™ve attached a picture from a real time video for your information
Skin care advice
Thebeautyreviewer1
Second Floor
04/03/24-08:03
Which product you recommend for pigmentation?
validated
Shifa Kan
Second Floor
04/01/24-11:21
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, plays several roles in promoting skin health and may help with post-acne scars through its antioxidant and collagen-boosting properties: Antioxidant Protection: Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant, which means it helps neutralize free radicals in the skin caused by factors like UV radiation, pollution, and inflammation. Free radicals can damage skin cells and contribute to the formation of scars. By scavenging these free radicals, vitamin C helps protect the skin from oxidative stress and may reduce the risk of scarring. Collagen Synthesis: Vitamin C is essential for collagen synthesis, a process vital for maintaining skin structure and elasticity. Collagen is a protein that provides strength and support to the skin. By promoting collagen production, vitamin C can help improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of scars, including post-acne scars. Increased collagen synthesis can also help promote wound healing and tissue repair, potentially speeding up the resolution of acne scars. Skin Brightening: Vitamin C has skin-brightening properties due to its ability to inhibit melanin production. This can help fade hyperpigmentation associated with acne scars, making them less noticeable over time. Anti-inflammatory Effects: Vitamin C has mild anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce redness and swelling associated with acne lesions and scars. By calming inflammation, vitamin C may contribute to a smoother and more even skin tone, minimizing the appearance of scars. To harness the benefits of vitamin C for post-acne scars, topical formulations containing stabilized forms of vitamin C, such as ascorbic acid or its derivatives (e.g., magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate), are commonly used. These formulations are available in various skincare products such as serums, creams, and spot treatments. Regular and consistent use of vitamin C-containing products as part of a skincare routine may help improve the appearance of post-acne scars over time. Additionally, oral supplementation with vitamin C may provide additional benefits for overall skin health and wound healing, although its direct effects on acne scars may be less pronounced compared to topical application. Hope this helps! x
Shifa Kan
Second Floor
04/01/24-11:19
I am using this product for acne scrars. Will let you all know if it helps.