/ Dry and dehydrated skin
validated
Meme27886
Second Floor
28/11/23-13:57

Dry and dehydrated skin

Lets start with the difference between the two. Dry skin is skin that normally produces less sebum where dehydrated skin is skin thats lacking water in the uppermost layer. I can be difficult to tell the difference in which you could be experiencing but normally if you pinch your skin and it doesnt bounce back itโ€™s dehydrated and if your skin is flakey and maybe rough itโ€™s probably dry. Different ingredients for dry and dehydrated so for  dry - things like plant oils, squalene, jojoba and rose hip, you can use shea butter but if you have acne prone skin id be careful as shea butter can clog pores. Dehydrated skin - glycerin , snail mucin. Hyaluronic acid and ceramide are great for both these things.  People with oily skin can be afraid to use oils on there skin, because they think it will make it worse (ive been there myself๐Ÿคฃ) but actually it can help alot! I have an issue with combination skin, and my body over produces sebum oils, and if i dont use oils and plenty of hydration it actually makes my skin worse and i produce even more sebumโ€ฆ so dont be afraid to use oils, just try not to use any products that are NON comedogenic ๐Ÿฉต๐Ÿฉท
Dry and dehydrated skin